NOTE: If you would rather have a tech show you how, then watch the video above. Be sure to make it full screen. Easier to see, that way.
1. Click Tools > Accounts > Add > Mail (this step should be unnecessary if this is the first time Outlook Express has been opened on this computer).
2. Type your Display Name. Click Next.
3. Type your Email Address. Click Next.
4. For both the "Incoming mail" and "Outgoing mail" servers type: mail.plainsnet.net. Click Next.
5. Type your password. Click Next > Finish.
6. Click the "Mail" tab, then select the email account you just created (probably "mail.plainsnet.net"). Click Properties.
7. Click the "Servers" tab. Tick the check box that says, "My server requires authentication." Click Apply.
8. Click the "Advanced" tab.
Tick the two top checkboxes, one under "Outgoing mail" and one under "Incoming mail," that say, "This server requires a secure connection (SSL)."
Ensure that the number next to "Incoming mail" is 995, and that the number next to "Outgoing mail" is 25.
Click OK. Click Close.
9. You're done! To receive your mail, click the Send/Recv button at the top. You may see a warning that says, "The server you are connected to is using a security certificate that could not be verified." Click Yes.